The Southern Region Water Quality Program has prioritized current water quality needs and established multi-state implementation teams to address seven major Focus Areas as shown below. The eight NIFA national water quality themes are encompassed by the Focus Areas.
- Nutrient Management
- Animal Waste Management
- Irrigation Water Management
- Drinking Water and Rural Urban Interface Education
- Water Policy and Economics
- Watershed Assessment and Modeling
- Watershed Education and Restoration
- Youth Water Education
Additional Program teams will be developed as needed for emerging issues. Networking and technology transfer achieved through this project substantially enhances delivery of research-based information to end users throughout the region.